Wednesday 3 September 2008

Toby Rides Again!

Got hold of a new motor for Toby & fitted it Monday evening (with the new metal worm gear to replace the stripped out plastic one). He felt a bit 'gutless' testing on the kitchen table, but he's been out doing laps this evening, and seems to be running in OK. If anything I'd expected a power increase, as the new gears have a lower ratio. Hopefully performance will improve & settle down as he gets run-in...

Looks like the previously noted problem with the MSS refit is a blow through the dead-leg lubricator fitting, which I filed to accomodate the larger pivot bolts of the new cylinders; looks like I was too aggressive there (& I'll be after a new lubricator!). I was wondering where to get parts now that IP seem to have completely walked away from Jane & after-market Mamod parts; PPS carry some, but a bit of Googling revealed http://www.dream-steam.com/, who look like they have quite a good range :-)

No comments: